Tuesday, August 18, 2009

tuesday turmoil

Wow its been a while. A lot has gone on since my last post. I have had some good days, and some real bad ones as well. I ran my 2nd 5k on Friday night. I did way better than I expected. I finished in 35:17, that is 4 seconds faster than my first race. The results they sent me are as follows: "You placed 469th out of 742 finishers in a time of 35:17 for a pace of 11:22 per mile.Out of 417 women you finished 210th. The winning time for women was 17:51.For 30 to 39 year old women you were 37th out of 69 finishers. The winning time for your age and sex was 17:51." The course was quite a bit more difficult. It started with a huge hill right at the beginning. I ran the entire course.

Work is crazy right now, I don't even know what position I will be in a month from now. I guess I should just be thankful that I will still have a job (trust me I am, it is just a lot of change at once and someone else is in charge of my destiny).

Enough about that, it is time to lay out my goals for this week. Since I did not eat right or exercise yesterday this could be difficult.
1.) Get in at least 4 out of 5 of my running workouts in. I am going to Leadville on Saturday to hike with my sister, so that will be a good workout, but I don't want to run that morning before hand and be worn out all day.

2.)Strength training twice

3.)Log all food Tuesday thru Friday

4.)Try to think positive whenever I have a negative thought about myself

5.)Have fun, play with kids, try to be as healthy as I can so I can be around for them for as long as I can. You always needed your mommy no matter how old you are. I want to be there when my kids become grandparents!

The battery in my scale is dying, and since the number seems to be upsetting me this time, I think I am going to try not to weigh myself at all for the next two weeks, or even the next month. I've got to go make lunches and get this day started.

No comments:

Post a Comment