Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On the Run

Today I went for my 2 mile run I was supposed to do yesterday. It was so liberating!! Why do I try to get out of running all the time. Once I am out there I usually enjoy it. It is very rare that I don't. I felt so energized afterwards. Not to mention I was very proud of myself. That is such a beautiful feeling. Maybe I should make that a goal to strive for. To find something, no matter how little, to do that makes me proud of myself. It doesn't even have to be food or exercise related. Yep I think I am going to start adding that into my blog every time, maybe at the end.

My eating was really good today. I am tempted to go into the kitchen right now and just devour anything I can easily get my hands on. I am instead sitting in the other room typing and drinking water. One day at a time, one meal at a time, one decision at a time. I think that is what helped me battle my binging before. I took everything one decision at a time. If I overate at lunch I would make better choices the rest of the day. It seems these days if I do something that is not part of my planned program, then I throw in the towel until the next day.

What I am proud of today:
-I ran 2 miles
-I didn't eat the m&m's that seemed to be calling me
-I had dinner ready in the crockpot when I got home
-I did all the dishes and cleaned the kitchen after dinner
-I put the basket of clean clothes away
-I put a load of laundry in the washer

WOW! I got a lot of things accomplished today, and I don't feel stressed or tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment