Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day One

I suppose my first post should talk a little more about myself. I first started my weight loss journey in January of 2005. I had 54 pounds to lose. I finally reached that goal in August 2007. In September of that year I became pregnant with my second child. I had every intention of exercising and continuing to eat healthy through out my pregnancy, but I was so exhaused that I stopped exercising and eating dinner out became the norm. So fast foward to today and I now have 35 pounds to lose again. My daughter is now 13 months old and my weight has stayed about the same for the last year. I stopped breastfeeding a few weeks ago and I am finally started to return to the energy level I was at before I was pregnant.

I recently finished the couch to 5k program, and ran my first 5k on July 25 with a time of 35:21. My goal was 38 minuates. I had so much fun that I am planning on running another 5k on August 14. I am starting a new running training program for beginners that is a step above the c25k program. I found it on about.com. I also found a strength training program that I started this week. I am the type of person who needs a plan or else I am lost.

I use an online food journal program to count calories. The first time I lost weight I did it using weight watchers. I believe in weight watchers, but my goal is also healthy eating and by counting calorie I can also track other thing like sodium, fat, protein and such. When I counted points I would sometimes pass on healthy items that were too many points, such as avocados and almonds. My hope is that by blogging about my journey I will learn more about myself and be more accountable to stay on the right path.

Read this online earlier today. I think it is a good motto to live life by and for my journey

Aspire to inspire before you expire

No comments:

Post a Comment