Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday

Wow, who could ask for a better day off. I woke up early and went for a run. Today I was scheduled for an easy 30 min run. The weather was beautiful! Then run seemed very effortless. I run on a recreation trail through town and today there were lots of other runners. For once I felt like I belonged. My only complaint is that my lab, shadow, is being less and less obedient. She tried to pull me down the trail for the majority of the run. It used to be she would run right next to me. Guess it time to take her back to school for a refresher course. A few hours after my run the hubby and I pulled weeds for a good hour. They are thriving with the wet summer we are having. Nothing seems to be working to keep them away. Later tonight when the hubby and the boy get home from the rodeo I will go to the gym and do my strength training routine. Talk about an active day!





Food wise I did awesome as well. I have already reached my water goal for the day plus some. I still have 47 calories left to lose 1.8 lbs a week, the maximum safe, and 438 calories left to lose 1 lb a week. Yesterday I ended the day a few calories shy of the calories to lose 1.8 lbs. The only bad item in my journal is my sodium intake is over 3800. The daily recommended limit is 25oo mg. This is no surprise as sodium is usually one of the areas I always get a frownie face for. One thing at a time. I am slowly making my way there. When I first started logging it used to be 6000 and above.



I thought I should set up some goals for the week to come. For me I count Monday as the first day of the week. This is also the day I weigh in.



1.) Log food everyday no matter how bad it may be. Just because I didn't log it doesn't mean I didn't eat it.



2.) Make every scheduled workout on my running program



3.) Do strength training at least twice.



4.) Try one new food or recipe



Since i didn't have any goals last week I can't review how I did, but I can list what I did right this last week. I hope to do this every Sunday as well with a minimum of three thing each week.



1.) I said no to a burrito Monday morning



2.) I ate according to plan Saturday and Sunday



3.) I made 4 out of 5 of my scheduled workouts for my running program.



4.) I starting blogging even though I was afraid to.

No comments:

Post a Comment