Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm Back

It has been a while since I have blogged, exercised, or stayed within my calories. I guess you could say I took a vacation. Between illnesses and stress at work I have been spread too thin. These are excuses and do not make my vacation acceptable, but sometimes in life we have to do things to get by. My clothes are getting tighter, I am tired all the time and I am starting to get stress induced headaches. Last night at the gym I weighed myself for the first time in probably about six weeks (the battery died in my scale and I have been hope not weighing myself would help me focus on more than the number). 167.4! What how did this happen? I do realize that I normally weigh myself at home first thing in the morning without clothes on, and this was at night with clothes on after working out, but still. Enough said I can't change the past but I can do better today.

I had written out a weekly schedule of when and what kind of exercises I want to do during the week. Yesterday I was going to do cardio after work. Well I got off work very late and had to rush home to pickup some paperwork from the Dr.'s office and by then it was time to get my kids from daycare. I did not let this ruin my day. When I got home I still made dinner. It takes a little over 30 minutes to cook and my kids are not very willing to wait to long after we get home to eat, but they survived and I am glad I did not cave and just pick up a pizza on the way home. Then after they were bathed and put in bed my husband got home. I got my gym bag, changed and was off the the gym.

At the gym I decided it was time to run on the dreaded treadmill. I love running, but hate to do it on the treadmill. Winter seems to be coming early around here and I am determined to keep running so I am ready come summer. I ran 1.5 miles. It felt so good and I could feel days worth of stress just melt away (or was that sweat). I was so proud I did exactly as I had set out to do even if it wasn't when I had planned on doing it. Go me. I realized during my run last night that how can I expect anyone to respect or love me when I don't do the same for myself. Eating right and exercise are ways that I love myself and show that I respect myself. If my husband was abusive to me the way I am to my body I would leave him in a heartbeat.

I think I want to end every post with one thing that I am proud of. Today I am proud that it is a tough choice for my son to choose between applesauce and candy for dessert. He finally chose the candy but I took a while to decide and I am certain if I had yogurt the candy would have lost. He learned this from me and my diligence in making sure sugary snacks are only a rare occasional treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment