Monday, November 9, 2009

Relaxing Sunday

So I decided to go for a hike for some "ME" time. My sister was supposed to come with me, but she backed out at the last minute. So this pretty girl was my companion.


This is the mountain we climbed

This is the trail
This was the breathtaking view at the top. Worth all 7.4 miles round trip.



Unfortunately I had a malfunction with my hiking boots. The support in the ankle area was rubbing against that bone on your ankle that sticks out. Ouch I think it is bruised now. Anyway it started to hurt about 2.5 miles in and I choose to keep going. By the time I got to the halfway point I wanted to sit down and cry. The worst was the last quarter mile. I could see my truck, but it took forever to get down to it. Somethings I realized while on the hike:
1. I live in Colorado so I need to take advantage of the beauty I am surrounded by and get out into nature more often.
2. People you meet out on the trail are so happy and friendly. Not all of us were using the park for the same purpose, but we all were kind to one another and everyone appeared happy.
3. I missed the smell and look of a timber sale. Oh how I long for the days of forestry school.
4. Nothing like a bunny scaring you to get the heart rate up.
5. Always bring another pair of shoes just in case.
I had so much fun and can not wait to get out and do it again, if the weather holds up.



No comments:

Post a Comment