Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yesterday I said that I did not exercise or log my food. I went back this morning and did as accurate of a guess as I could, and the results were not pretty. According to my calorie tracking site "If everyday were like today you would gain .9 pounds a week. :( Not good, but definitely a truth I needed to see. Today it reads " If everyday were like today you would loose 1.7 pounds a week." That is way more like it. I ate on track, and went to the gym and did my cardio. It was not after work like I had hoped, but all that matters is that I did it! I do think I need to revisit the C25K plan and get my running groove back so I can start the one hour runner. I have to learn to run no matter what the weather. Hello Pikes Peak Ascent. It is right there in my goals and once I get crazy ideas like that in my head, chance are I am going to do it, ready or not. I like being ready much better though.

The shirt I got from my first 5K says "Life is a Journey, Not a Guided Tour". How true is that. We all choose which path we take, and at anytime we are free to turn around and head in another direction. I have chosen a new path, and no matter how scary or hard the terrain becomes I can see the top. I may have a long way to go, but I need to take it one step at a time, look around and enjoy the journey. I need to find and keep those close to me that put out their hands and help me up the steep slopes, and leave behind the ones that try to lead me down a path that does not go in the direction I need to travel. This is the hard part.

No comments:

Post a Comment